Volunteer to make a difference in your community
Because the YMCA of Oakville is a charitable association, we depend on volunteers to enrich the quality of life for our members and participants. As a Y volunteer, you’ll meet new friends, gain valuable experience, develop leadership and interpersonal skills and share experiences with interesting people. Above all, you’ll enjoy being part of a supportive team.
Your volunteer efforts are important to both YMCA members and program participants. They benefit by:
- Receiving quality programs from individuals with specialized expertise.
- Interacting with enthusiastic people who want to help.
- Receiving more youth programs or fee assistance through the efforts of volunteer fundraising.
- Being part of an association that has excellent volunteer leadership from its Board of Directors and its Parent Advisory Committees.
- Learning how to read or write through literacy programs.
For a personal perspective on what it means to be a volunteer at the YMCA of Oakville read one of our volunteer stories: