What about my membership fees? Doesn’t that cover everything?
No, the membership fees are used to maintain the facilities and cover those costs. They are not used for our programs to help people in the community and make a difference in the lives of children, youth and families.
How much of my donation is paid to staff and administration?
100% of all donations are directed towards the campaign objectives.
Because you can help…
- A family to stay active and healthy with a YMCA membership
- A child to grow through a camp experience
- Youth obtain leadership skills in a meaningful environment
- Provide for a full range of parenting and parent-child program
- Provide a safe, high quality child care environment
A few examples of how your monthly gift will help:
- $20 provides two disadvantaged families with the fun of an afternoon swim
- $50 provides 20 pre-school children with a free afternoon of ‘Wiggles & Giggles’ through Y Steps & Stages in the early years
- $100 underwrites the cost of a 3-month Y membership for a disadvantaged child
- $1000 gives 4 challenged adolescents the chance to make friends and build valuable skills on a wilderness canoe trip
- $2000 changes the life of a single mother and child, by providing over 3 months of care and nurturing in Y Child Care
Is it safe and secure to make a gift on-line?
Yes, every measure has been taken within on-line industry standards and regulations to ensure your personal information and payment details remain secure. Click on www.ymcastrongkids.ca.
What am I joining by becoming a monthly donor?
By becoming a monthly donor, you are able to ensure that your donation is put to use in the most cost effective way possible and where it is needed most in your community.
Can donations be made “in memory” or “in honour”?
Yes. Please indicate if your gift is “in memory” or “in honour” and for whom as well as how you would like your gift to be recognized.
To donate by phone / in person / by mail: Fill in a pledge form, make your cheques payable to the YMCA of Oakville, and mail to Financial Development Office at the YMCA of Oakville, 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7. For more information call, 905-845-3417.
How are YMCA Strong Kids revenues used?
In 2010, we extended over $559,000 in financial assistance to more than 1,600 individuals and families in our community so that they could benefit from a YMCA experience, like childcare, summer camp or health and wellness programs.
For more information on the distribution of funds see our 2010 Annual Report.