Working at the YMCA
No matter how you look at it, the YMCA of Oakville is a great place to work! As a dynamic charity, we offer our staff opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership.
We look for people who share our core values of caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect and responsibility to join us in building healthy communities and can provide you with continuous opportunities to learn, lead and grow.
What do we look for in an employee?
- Team players – our staff need to work well with others and be able to contribute to the group.
- Strong communication skills – you need to be able to share your ideas effectively.
- Outstanding customer service skills – YMCA staff are second to none when it comes to service.
- Ability to work flexible schedules – our facility, child care programs and community initiatives run at different times of the day, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to multi-task - as a charitable organization, the Y participates actively in many community and fundraising activities. Our employees and volunteers are often called upon to serve in different capacities.
How can I apply for a position at the YMCA of Oakville?
Please email the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or fax your cover letter and resume to 905-842-6792.